PERMANENT – FULL-TIME
REPORTS TO: OFFICE MANAGER
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As an Administrative Assistant, you will perform a wide range of administrative duties and provide executive level support. You are highly organized by nature and are able to help your colleagues organize themselves to meet deadlines. You are resourceful and enjoy interacting with employees and partners. In a dynamic environment, you are able to understand the implications and use your good judgment to make decisions independently.
You know your strengths and weaknesses, are well spoken, and are eloquent in your written communication (in French and English).
You pay attention to detail. You like to solve problems. Multitasking is your specialty.
You are able to set your own priorities and enjoy working independently as well as in a team environment. You have a lot of initiative and do not hesitate to take on or participate in special projects.
- Greet guests and employees at our downtown studio and provide general support to employees/visitors/external vendors;
- Provide executive level support, time optimization, handle administrative requests from our Studio Manager and senior staff;
- Assist in the preparation of regular reports for the Administrative, Finance, Human Resources, Communications departments;
- Manage supplier invoices, code them for accounting processing and prepare payment requests;
- Open, process and distribute postal and electronic mail and coordinate internal information flow;
- Answer, screen and direct telephone calls;
- Handle administrative requests from our Office Manager;
- Translate internal documents as needed;
- Act as a point of contact for new employees;
- Send gifts and gift cards to employees for birthdays and special occasions;
- Support the planning and organization of internal events;
- Perform occasional material handling (medium heavy load);
- Maintain the cleanliness of meeting rooms and prepare rooms for special events;
- Maintain the daily maintenance of the coffee machines;
- Book cabs, couriers, messenger services, manage shipments, etc;
- Management of contests and internal draws;
- Management of BIXI and Opus Card passes;
- Coordinate travel logistics, hotel reservations, etc;
- Reconcile expense reports, invoices and corporate credit card consolidation;
- Relocation of employees overseas: obtain quotes for moving, airfare and hotel reservations for family, welcome basket, etc.
EXPERIENCES & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Approximately 3 to 5 years experience in a similar role;
- Relevant education in secretarial or other related field;
- Knowledge of the video game industry and/or creative industries is an asset.
- Proficiency with computer tools and good knowledge of the MS Office Suite, especially Excel, Word and Powerpoint;
- Excellent writing and communication skills in French and English.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks of various nature simultaneously;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Speed of execution and efficiency;
- Organizational skills;
- A good sense of priorities and a solution-oriented mind;
- Resourcefulness and adaptability;
- Positive attitude and curiosity;
- Team player;
- Concern for quality and customer service;
- Initiative and great autonomy;
- High discretion and exemplary work ethic;
- Ability to work in a changing environment;
- High discretion and exemplary work ethic.
MOTIVATION & INTERESTS:
- Ambition and passion for video games are essential!