Tools Programmer Intern
TITLE: INTERN PROGRAMMER
REPORTS TO: LEAD PROGRAMMER
Here at Eidos-Montréal, we’ve been creating immersive experiences for over 10 years. As part of the Square Enix group, we have worked on a variety of iconic IPs, including Deus Ex, Thief, Tomb Raider, Marvel’s Avengers and more. We always aspire to leave our unique touch on our games, whether they are part of renowned series or all-new projects.
- Develop software in C++ by applying the principles of object oriented coding;
- Master the debugging tools and the techniques used;
- Analyze the need for improvement to existing code, and implement the necessary corrective measures to improve it;
- Participate in the implementation of game mechanics;
- Be a positive contributor for the achievement of the project and the team objectives.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- BA Computer or Software Engineering student, video game concentration, an asset;
- Bilingualism: French and English, spoken and written;
- Participation to GameJams or development on personal projects definitely a plus.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge C++
- Knowledge of C# is an asset
- Experience with Unreal Engine an asset
- Mindful of hardware constraints, constant willingness for code optimization
- Self-driven and resourceful
- Positive attitude and curious
- Team player and a good communicator
- Wanting to push the technical and creative boundaries of video games
- Mature enough to give and take constructive criticism
MOTIVATIONS AND INTEREST
- Passion and ambition for video games is a must: CVs with academic or personal video game projects are preferred.