- Supervise the technical development of the multiplayer of a AAA game;
- Support the development of the game modes and characters;
- Support the integration of PlayStation network, Xbox live and Steam services;
- Support online programmers in their design, programming and testing needs;
- Own technical design process including reviews;
- Set development priorities following project development schedule;
- Set development priorities following the online game architecture;
- Create development schedule and express staffing needs;
- Own code quality and documentation;
- Own code CPU, GPU, MEM and network performance of the multiplayer mode;
- Understand the game design and associated requirements;
- Support QA strategy of the multiplayer game;
- Partner with the online game architect;
- Team up with game producer and game design director
Required Experience and qualifications:
- University degree in programming, software engineering, computer engineering or equivalent training;
- Already occupied a programming lead role for 4 year or more;
- Already delivered an online console game in a lead or senior position.
- Excellent knowledge of C++ and object oriented programming;
- Understand the software development process;
- Understand the components and performance metrics of a game engine;
- Functional knowledge of Xbox live, PlayStation network and Steam;
- Understand how online games are hosted.
- Leader and excellent problem solver;
- Able to motivate team and give constructive feedbacks;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Motivation and interests:
Passion and ambition for videogames are essential!