DevOps Specialist - Security
PERMANENT - FULL TIME
DEVOPS SPECIALIST - SECURITY
REPORTS TO: INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGER / HEAD OF CYBERSECURITY
The Security Engineer (DevOps) role will work closely with our Online Services teams to secure our dynamic gaming environments across both Cloud and on-premise infrastructure.
The job offers the opportunity to further develop a career in Cyber Security and is aimed at candidates with strong knowledge/experience of DevOps principles who can apply security technologies and best practices within fast-paced dynamically-changing infrastructure environments.
- Build innovative security solutions that embrace DevOps and CI/CD principles such as Infrastructure as Code, etc.;
- Liaise between the Cyber Security and Online Services teams, translating security requirements into a DevOps context;
- Champion security within our operational environments, simplifying the security experience of our users and engineers whilst also improving our security posture;
- Lead improvement projects that seek to embed security technologies across our operational environments at an Enterprise level;
- Use your expertise to assist wider areas of our Cyber Security program, helping secure our games and setting our standards for security;
- Communicate effectively with various Square Enix teams and studios balancing security requirements with their business needs;
- Availability to travel internationally, when necessary.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years of experience in a hands-on Engineering/Systems Administration role within a DevOps environment, possessing good knowledge/experience of security;
- 3+ years of experience as a hands-on Security Engineer/Specialist who has operated within a DevOps environment, or worked closely with DevOps engineering teams;
- Thorough knowledge of fundamental CI/CD and DevOps principles;
- Strong experience working with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or similar Cloud infrastructure platforms;
- Strong experience working with Kubernetes, or containerised application management/orchestration in general;
- Experience of security technologies used commonly within dynamic infrastructure environments (e.g. HashiCorp Vault, etc.);
- Experience working with broader Application Security tools/technologies (e.g. GitLab CI/CD, SonarQube, etc.);
- Thorough grasp of common security principles and requirements with the ability to apply these to protect a range of technologies and information systems;
- Adept at learning and understanding new technologies quickly;
- Ability to converse confidently across security domains such as identity and access management, network security, cryptography, application security and configuration management;
- Good judgement to scope, plan and manage the security support required by projects, juggling the demand from different business areas;
- Natural inclination to communicate complex technical concepts in simple diagrams, blueprints and solution definitions.
- Clear and influential communication, both verbal and written;
- Collaborative and effective;
- Ability to create detailed and well-organised documentation;
MOTIVATION & INTERESTS:
- An interest in emerging technologies or technical innovations;
- A focus on self development and career progression;
- Passion for video games is essential.