DevOps Security Specialist
PERMANENT – FULL TIME
REPORTS TO: INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGER / HEAD OF CYBERSECURITY
The Security Engineer (DevOps) role will work closely with our Online Services teams to secure our dynamic gaming environments across both Cloud and on-premise infrastructure.
The role is aimed at candidates with strong knowledge / experience of DevOps principles who can apply security technologies and best practices within fast-paced dynamically-changing infrastructure environments. The role offers the opportunity to further develop a career in Cyber Security in an exciting, fast moving industry.
- Build innovative security solutions that embrace DevOps and CI/CD principles such as Infrastructure as Code, etc.
- Liaise between the Cyber Security and Online Services teams, translating security requirements into a DevOps context.
- Champion security within our operational environments, simplifying the security experience of our users and engineers whilst also improving our security posture.
- Lead improvement projects that seek to embed security technologies across our operational environments at an Enterprise level.
- Use your expertise to assist wider areas of our Cyber Security programme - helping secure our games and setting our standards for security.
- Communicate effectively with various Square Enix teams and studios balancing security requirements with their business needs.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3 – 5 years prior experience in a hands-on engineering / systems administration role within a DevOps environment, possessing good knowledge / experience of security.
- 3 – 5 years prior experience as a hands-on security engineer / specialist who has operated within a DevOps environment, or worked closely with DevOps engineering teams.
- Thorough knowledge of fundamental CI/CD and DevOps principles.
- Strong experience working with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or similar Cloud infrastructure platforms.
- Strong experience working with Kubernetes, or containerised application management / orchestration in general.
- Experience of security technologies used commonly within dynamic infrastructure environments (e.g. HashiCorp Vault, etc.).
- Experience working with broader Application Security tools / technologies (e.g. GitLab CI/CD, SonarQube, etc.) is desirable.
- Thorough grasp of common security principles and requirements with the ability to apply these to protect a range of technologies and information systems.
- Adept at learning and understanding new technologies quickly.
- Ability to converse confidently across security domains such as identity and access management, network security, cryptography, application security and configuration management.
- Good judgement to scope, plan and manage the security support required by projects, juggling the demand from different business areas.
- Natural inclination to communicate complex technical concepts in simple diagrams, blueprints and solution definitions.
− Clear and influential communication skills, both verbal and written.
− Effective working within distributed global teams.
− Ability to create detailed and well-organised documentation.
− Focus on customer satisfaction.
− Focus on business outcomes and a positive delivery attitude.
− Availability to travel internationally, when necessary.
MOTIVATION & INTERESTS:
− An interest in emerging technologies or technical innovations.
− A focus on self development and career progression.
− A passion for video games is highly desirable.