R&D Technical Architect
Eidos Sherbrooke | Montréal, Québec, Canada
PERMANENT – FULL TIME
LOCATION : EIDOS SHERBROOKE
REPORTS TO: PROGRAMMING DIRECTOR
- Develop quality software using the programming languages C ++ and C #;
- Analyze and detail the technical requirements for each new functionality of the software;
- Design APIs that promote the interoperability of different software subsystems;
- Detect software inefficiencies and take corrective measures taking into account project constraints;
- Define the architectural technical vision of the software;
- Define the requirements for technical documentation and ensure it exists and is up to date;
- Have the ability to work in a multi-platform development environment;
- Contribute positively to the achievement of the goals of the project and the team;
- Establish and maintain a follow-up of tasks to be accomplished as well as personal planning;
- Stay up to date on the latest technologies, advances and developments in game programming.
EXPERIENCE & QULIFICATIONS:
- University degree in programming, software engineering, computer engineering or equivalent;
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the industry as a Programmer, including 2 as an Engine Architect or equivalent;
- Excellent knowledge of technological constraints on different gaming platforms;
- Have experience working with a commercial or homemade 3D engine (Unreal, Unity, Gamebryo, etc.);
- Experience in profiling and optimization;
- AAA experience a major asset.
- Experience in optimizing various platforms (PC, Sony and Microsoft, etc.);
- Must have a very good knowledge of C ++ and C #;
- Must have very good algorithmic knowledge;
- Strong design skills.
- Ability to manage time independently;
- Be a good team player;
- Be a good communicator
- A desire to push the barriers of video game technology is required;
- Maturity to give and receive constructive criticism is expected;
MOTIIVATION & INTERESTS:
- Ambition and passion for video games are essential!
- Willingness to think outside the box and promote innovation.