Certification QA Manager
SE Quality Assurance | Montréal, Québec, Canada
PERMANENT - FULL TIME
CERTIFICATION QA MANAGER
REPORTS TO: QA MANAGER
- Oversee the delivery and growth of best-in-class certification analysis and recommendations by the Square Enix Compliance QA (CQA) team;
- Manage and support the CQA team with respect to hiring and professional development;
- Provide budgetary feedback and manage human and material resources for the CQA team, across products;
- Monitor QA data to ensure compliance with departmental standards;
- Maintain proficiency via training and personal skill development;
- Inform and champion effective training and improvement plans for the CQA team, in line with Square Enix administrative policies;
- Drive implementation of SEQA management initiatives for the CQA team;
- Engage with developers regarding any work product feedback ;
- Liaise with other Service Line Managers and PMs to maximize efficiency of the CQA group;
- Exemplify an exceptional standard of work ethic and technical competence.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma;
- College Degree an asset;
- 6+ years of QA experience in a QA environment with knowledge of QA practices and procedures;
- 2+ years managing teams in a software QA environment;
- Knowledge of JIRA or equivalent defect tracking database;
- Knowledge of test case scoping, techniques, management, and tools;
- French speaking/writing skills required;
- Strong language skills (written English);
- Ability to work in a methodical and logical manner;
- Strong knowledge of at least 3 videogame platform technical requirements;
- Strong knowledge of platform and test environment limitations;
- Working knowledge of non-console hardware and operating systems;
- Experience in leading teams, preferably software test teams;
- Knowledge of MS Office suite.
- Strong and Empathic Leadership;
- Highly Motivated and Motivating;
- Dependable and Positive;
- Active Listener;
- Clear and Concise Communication;
- Open to Feedback.
MOTIVATION & INTERESTS:
- Ambition and passion for video games are essential!
- Health and wellbeing of self and others;
- Pride in a job well done.