R&D Programmer Intern
FALL 2022 INTERNSHIP / 4 MONTHS (SEPTEMBER-DECEMBER)
FULL-TIME / 4-DAYS WEEK (FROM MONDAY TO THURSDAY, 32H/WEEK)
Important: Only students registered in a study program at the time of the internship are eligible.
Hybrid or at the office possible according to the sanitary rules in force at the time of the internship.
R&D PROGRAMMER INTERN
POSITION(S) AVAILABLE: 3
REPORTS TO: PROGRAMMING DIRECTOR
Eidos-Sherbrooke is an expert studio dedicated to driving the technological innovation of the video game studio Eidos-Montreal, member of the Square Enix group.
Through research and development, Eidos-Sherbrooke endeavours to explore, test and apply various technologies to support the creation of experiences, universes, and emotions for players.
The studio welcomes high-level technical expertise from universities as well as local and global talents who collaborate and collectively think about the Video Game of tomorrow.
- Assigned to one or more of our various R&D projects, actively contribute to the development of the project and the achievement of the team's objectives;
- Develop software, mainly in C++, by applying object-oriented programming principles;
- Apply debugging techniques and tools;
- Analyze the improvement needs of the existing code and subsequently implement the necessary corrective measures to improve it.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree student in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering (Video Game program, an asset);
- Solid knowledge of C++;
- Basic knowledge of C#, an asset;
- Diversified experience in Programming (participation in Game Jams, development of school and/or personal projects) a strong asset;
- Bilingualism: French-English.
- Curiosity and desire to push the boundaries of Video Game;
- Self-driven and resourceful;
- Positive attitude and good communication skills;
- Collaborative and open to receive and share constructive criticism.
MOTIVATION & INTERESTS:
- Passion and ambition for Video Game are essential!