Senior Technical Artist
Art | Montréal, Québec, Canada
PERMANENT – FULL-TIME
SENIOR TECHNICAL ARTIST
REPORTS TO: TECHNICAL ARTIST DIRECTOR
- Develop new techniques and new processes in order to solve the challenges of producing innovative video games at the cutting edge of technology;
- Look for an innovative visual and technical point of view, of working with the creative processes.
- Accurately document processes and procedures;
- Work closely with the technical director, correct errors and evaluate new tools;
- Provide technical direction and instructions to other artists or animators.
EXPERIENCES & QUALIFICATIONS:
- College or university diploma in 2D and 3D art and / or any equivalent training;
- 6 years + experience as a technical artist; or experience as a programmer (strong interest and knowledge of the artistic field);
- At least 1 published AAA title, preferably new generation.
- Intermediate to expert knowledge with Unreal Engine (Blueprints);
- Knowledge / experience of node-based shader systems;
- Intermediate to expert knowledge with Houdini;
- Profiling knowledge (PIX, real time 3d constraints, hardware);
- Knowledge of HLSL (asset);
- Knowledge of scripting / programming language an asset (C++, Python, C #, .Net, Mel, etc.);
- Knowledge in procedural creation methods;
- Basic knowledge of machine learning concepts an asset;
- Intermediate to expert knowledge with Maya or Blender;
- Strong foundations in mathematics and physics;
- Bilingual (French and English) is an asset.
- Show leadership and have a sense of responsibility;
- Have a good ability to express your ideas well;
- Be focused on achieving superior results;
- Be a strong team player;
- Have a spirit of analysis and synthesis;
- Be able to adapt to changes and work under pressure while respecting agreed deadlines;
- Maturity to take and give feedback is expected.
MOTIVATION & INTERESTS:
- Ambition and passion for video games are essential!