Senior Audio Programmer
PERMANENT - FULL-TIME
SENIOR AUDIO PROGRAMMER
REPORTS TO: LEAD CORE PROGRAMMER
As a Senior Audio Programmer at Eidos Montreal, you are expected to be driven by a passion for games and an ambition to craft unique experiences, pushing the boundaries of the game audio industry. You will be a perfect candidate for our team if you are a positive and collaborative person who enjoys challenging your teammates with innovative thinking and being challenged by them in return. With your help, we hope to create an award winning, cutting edges sounding game.
- Develop tools and audio systems for the audio team, enabling them to be self sufficient to realize the creative vision of our projects;
- Oversee and develop audio pipelines in collaboration with our technical sound designer, and other disciplines;
- Analyze and estimate the time, cost and the impact of the proposed solutions;
- Develop and maintain audio debugging tools;
- Recommend a best course of action when it comes to audio solutions.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have an excellent knowledge of C++;
- Diploma in programming, computer engineering, software engineering or the equivalent;
- 5+ years experience in programming;
- Proven record of AAA game development.
- Experience with industry audio middleware such as Wwise;
- Experience working with Unreal Engine;
- Understanding immersive audio technologies such as Dolby Atmos, Object Based Audio, Ambisonics ;
- Knowledge in DSP and custom plugin development;
- Experience developing for multiple platforms;
- Familiar with occlusion and obstruction technologies.
MOTIVATION & INTERESTS:
Motivation and passion for videogames are essential!