Network programmer (R&D)
Eidos Sherbrooke | Montréal, Québec, Canada
PERMANENT – FULL TIME
LOCATION: EIDOS SHERBOOKE
REPORTS TO: PROGRAMMING DIRECTOR
- Develop and maintain multiplayer engine network features using C++ as primary programming language;
- Develop and maintain network related test suites and tools;
- Debug network-related bugs;
- Contribute positively to the achievement of the goals of the project and the team;
- Design, implement and debug creative and innovative solutions to achieve the objectives of the project;
- Establish and maintain a follow-up of tasks to be accomplished as well as personal planning;
- Keep up to date on the latest technologies, advances and developments in game programming.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- University degree in programming, software engineering, computer engineering or equivalent;
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the industry as a Programmer, including 2 as Network Programmer;
- Excellent knowledge of technological constraints on different gaming platforms;
- Experience in profiling and optimization;
- AAA experience a major asset;
- Experience in cloud microservices a major asset
- Must have a very good knowledge of C++;
- Experience in debugging and optimizing C++ code;
- Must have very good algorithmic knowledge;
- Strong design skills;
- Knowledge of C# and/or Python an asset.
- Ability to manage time independently;
- Be a good team player;
- Be a good communicator;
- A desire to push the barriers of video game technology is required;
- Maturity to give and receive constructive criticism is expected;
- Focus on achieving superior results;
- Have an analytical and synthetical mind.
MOTIVATION AND INTERESTS:
- Ambition and passion for video games are essential!
- Willingness to think outside the box and promote innovation.