Technical QA Lead
SE Quality Assurance | Montréal, Québec, Canada
PERMANENT - FULL TIME
TECHNICAL QA LEAD
REPORT TO: TECHNCAL QA MANAGER
- TQA group oversees several technically specialized areas in QA:
- Compatibility – Create, plan and execute compatibility testing on all products under the SEE umbrella.
- Performance - Create, plan and execute PC and console performance testing on all products under the SEE umbrella
- Analytics – Validating Analytics software implementation in all SEE products.
- Networking – Testing of all online and network related functionality in all SEE products.
- Standards – Working with other management and development groups to help enforce technical requirements and standards across our games.
- Close cooperation with tools development
- Lead the Tech QA test team and take primary responsibility for the work execution according to the standards and policies of the company.
- Support QA Coordinators, seniors and testers assigned to their own team.
- Allocating, tracking and following up on daily tasks with the test team.
- Direct the creation and maintenance of specialized test plans and documentation for assigned products
- Responsible for the code security of title or format assigned;
- Ensure QA coverage on your title is executed according to departmental and 1st party standards;
- Primary communication with development and production teams.
- Manage the bug database to ensure compliance with departmental standards
- Coaching for the rest of the department on key technical updates/industry information or testing requirements.
- Reporting regular progress and statistics for allocated platform(s) to development, production and management groups as needed
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma
- College Degree an asset
- 4 years experience in a QA environment with knowledge of QA practices and procedures
- 1+ year managing a team in a software QA environment Experience in technical testing fields (compatibility, performance, etc…)
- Knowledge of JIRA or equivalent defect tracking database
- Knowledge of test case management tools and methodologies such as TestRail, Helix, Zephyr, DevTest, etc.
- Bilingual; French and English
- Ability to craft accurate and precise test strategies according to assigned titles and software development phases
- Ability to follow technical instructions
- Ability to work in a methodical and logical manner
- Working knowledge of hardware platform limitations
- Knowledge of PC hardware an asset
- Knowledge of MS Office suite
- Knowledge of 1st Party platform performance monitoring tools (PIX, Razor, CodeXL, etc…)
- Capable of working as part of, and directing focus of, a team as needed
- Clear communication skills
- Flexibility to do overtime if necessary
- Maturity to give and receive constructive criticism
- Mindful of continuous improvement opportunities
- Ability to work under pressure and to respect deadlines
MOTIVATION & INTERESTS:
- Passion and ambition for video games are essential!
- Strong curiosity and innate need to understand how things work.
- Professional growth