Design | Montréal, Québec, Canada
PERMANENT – FULL TIME
REPORTS TO: LEAD LEVEL DESIGNER
- Create state of the art levels focusing on innovative gameplay, accessibility, pacing and strong atmosphere;
- Work closely with the Level Design team and Level Artists in creating top quality levels with the tools available;
- Design levels (layout, situations, design document) in close collaboration with Level Artists while following design and technical guidelines;
- Develop 3D playgrounds and levels, integrate actors and scripted events, and balance the gameplay in-game;
- Help with the development of the various features and mechanics during the project;
- Work in collaboration with the Game Design team, Game Director and Lead Level; Designer to achieve the emotions and player experience desired in each level;
- Write general level design documents for the use of other Level Designers;
- Provide support to less experienced level designers.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- University or college diploma in game design, or equivalent training;
- + 3 years of experience in the video game industry as a Level Designer;
- Minimum of 1 published title as a Level Designer;
- Good knowledge in systemic design;
- Good knowledge in scripting and AI (asset);
- Good knowledge in game level architecture and 3D environments;
- Good knowledge of open world design.
- Experience using industry standard level editing tools, editors and pipelines;
- Knowledge of photoshop ; Sketchup and Unreal engine;
- Bilingual (French and English).
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to exemplify one’s own ideas are essential;
- Ability to multitask;
- Excellent capability to give and receive advice;
- Skills in leadership, proactivity and continuous commitment to work with different departments (design, animation and programming);
- Ability to work in a team focused on continuous improvement;
- Ability to learn and share personal knowledge;
- The maturity to give and receive constructive criticism is expected.
MOTIVATION & INTEREST:
Ambition and passion for video games are essential!