Senior Game Designer (Player Progression and Game Economy)
Design | Montréal, Québec, Canada
SENIOR GAME DESIGNER (PLAYER PROGRESSION AND GAME ECONOMY)
Reports to: Gameplay Director
Permanent – Full-Time
We are currently building a new Game Design team for a new project and are looking for passionate people who would like to have a real impact on it.
What you will do
- Design and balance the progression systems and in-game economy to ensure engaging and rewarding gameplay experiences for players;
- Develop and fine-tune mechanics of leveling, skill acquisition, crafting and upgrading;
- Once implemented, validate with the Gameplay Director and other Senior Designers that design meet the required level of quality on gameplay, balancing and difficulty progression;
- Closely work and collaborate with all departments (Programming, UX, Art...) to implement, review and adjust your designs within the game engine.
What you bring
- Experience in Game Design in the Video Game industry;
- Solid design methodology based on rational analysis;
- Good knowledge of industry standards in the field of Player Progression and Game Economy;
- Firm believer of rapid iteration/prototyping approach;
- Excellent communication skills to illustrate ideas;
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
Even better if you have
- A hands-on knowledge of technical challenges and approaches related to Player Progression and Game Economy implementation;
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 5, including experience with Blueprint and data tables;
- Has experience in working on COOP games;
- Good analysis & reverse engineering capacity;
- Desire to have ownership and structure efficiently the subjects you work on;
- Good versatility to tackle a variety of tasks and collaborate with various teams at the same time;
- Good understanding of accessibility in game design;
Why join us?
- Flexible work schedule: because unexpected events are part of life when you are sick or need personal days;
- Hybrid work: because we have adapted to the new reality;
- Access to Groupe insurance: To take care of yourself and your loved ones;
- Access to Groupe RRSPs: we think about your future;
- Access to a telemedicine service for the family: to avoid a pleasant 24hours in the emergency room;
- Bonus system: we recognize the work accomplished.
Come and create emotion with us!