R&D Programmer Intern
SUMMER 2022 INTERNSHIP - 4 MONTHS (MAY-AUGUST) - FULL-TIME
POSSIBILITY OF HIRING IN A PERMANENT POSITION AT THE END OF THE INTERNSHIP
IMPORTANT: ONLY STUDENTS REGISTERED IN A STUDY PROGRAM AT THE TIME OF THE INTERNSHIP ARE ELIGIBLE
R&D PROGRAMMER INTERN
POSITION(S) AVAILABLE: 2
REPORTS TO: PROGRAMMING DIRECTOR
Eidos-Sherbrooke is an expert studio dedicated to driving the technological innovation of the video game studio Eidos-Montreal, member of the Square Enix group.
Through research and development, Eidos-Sherbrooke endeavours to explore, test and apply various technologies to support the creation of experiences, universes, and emotions for players.
The studio welcomes high-level technical expertise from universities as well as local and global talents who collaborate and collectively think about the Video game of tomorrow.
- Assigned to one or more of our various R&D projects, actively contribute to the development of the project and the achievement of the team's objectives;
- Develop software, mainly in C++, by applying object-oriented programming principles;
- Apply debugging techniques and tools;
- Analyze the improvement needs of the existing code and subsequently implement the necessary corrective measures to improve it.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree student in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering (Video game program, an asset);
- Solid knowledge of C++;
- Basic knowledge of C#, an asset;
- Diversified experience in Programming (participation in Game Jams, development of school and/or personal projects) a strong asset;
- Bilingualism: French-English.
- Curiosity and desire to push the boundaries of Video games;
- Self-driven and resourceful;
- Positive attitude and good communication skills;
- Collaborative and open to receive and share constructive criticism.
MOTIVATIONS & INTERESTS:
- Passion and ambition for Video game are essential!