Studio projects & strategic partnerships director (R&D)
PERMANENT - FULL TIME
STUDIO PROJECTS & STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS DIRECTOR (R&D)
REPORT FROM: STUDIO MANAGER
The Studio projects & strategic partnerships director is responsible for monitoring, executing and delivering studio projects.
- Define a strategic process for managing R&D projects according to studio objectives and be responsible for its deployment;
- Collaborate with the Programming Directors to define and improve the life cycle process of innovation projects;
- Be responsible for the customer management process;
- Ensure the budgetary monitoring of the studio and projects in partnership with the finance team and the project (programming) directors and define the key indicators of financial health;
- Collaborate and communicate with internal clients (Eidos Montreal) on the progress and objectives of various projects in order to ensure a strategic vision aligned with needs;
- Produce, maintain and communicate the studio's production schedules;
- Produce metrics that analyze the productivity of studio teams and take the necessary measures for continuous improvement;
- Unite teams around a planning system based on ambitious objectives;
- Communicate on project progress and objectives as well as other relevant information to the studio management team;
- Ensure the management and monitoring of external partnership projects (whether academic or industrial);
- Ensure that project teams have the tools at their disposal to promote planning and monitoring of objectives;
- Analyze and anticipate the risks and obstacles to the achievement of project ambitions and propose mitigation plans in order to optimize project progress;
- Support creative, technical or organizational changes and ensure change management;
- Contribute to related projects of general interest (eg: the development and optimization of new office spaces, design of the employee path, etc.) in order to promote collaboration and creativity within the studio.
Experience and qualities required:
- Bachelor's degree or diploma relevant to the position and / or equivalent management experience;
- At least 10 years of video game experience, including at least 4 years as a project manager or team leader;
- PMP certification, an asset
- Bilingualism (French - English)
- Experience in project planning and management;
- Experience in problem solving and conflict management;
- Ability to lead, mobilize and influence a work team in order to obtain the desired quality and performance;
- Ability to meet production deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Show leadership and have a sense of responsibility;
- Have a good ability to express their ideas well;
- Focus on achieving superior results;
- Be a strong team player;
- Have a spirit of analysis and synthesis;
- Be able to adapt to changes.
Motivation and interests:
Ambition and passion for video games are essential!