Lead Mission Designer - Performance
Design | Montréal, Québec, Canada
Title: Lead Mission Designer – Performance
Reports to: Director Mission Design – Performance
- Work closely with the Mission Design Director and the Narrative Director to understand and deliver on-screen the established vision for every mission of the game.
- Manage, supervise, and mentor the Mission Designers to deliver missions at the highest possible quality.
- Ensure that both mission flow and individual mission spaces form a cohesive and compelling experience.
- Collaborate with the Lead Game Designer to ensure that missions support the core gameplay mechanics and that they provide challenging combat and player’s expression.
- Collaborate with other Leads, including Lead World Designer, Lead Writer and Lead World Artist to ensure that all missions are immersing players in both setting and story.
- Define mission design review processes, templates, and documentation requirements.
- Identify mission design risks and propose mitigations.
- Evaluate builds and provide constructive and concrete feedbacks.
- Work closely with Production to define milestones deliverables and schedules.
- Continuously improve creative processes and best practices.
- Play the game on an ongoing basis and be a last line of defense for all mission quality issues.
- Carry out Mission Designers’ performance follow up and assessments.
Experience and qualifications:
- 7+ years of experience in game development, with emphasis on Level or Mission Design.
- At least 3 shipped titles.
- Experience with AAA titles required.
- Experience in managing and providing mentorship for other designers.
- Experience from every development phase.
- Advantage: Work experience on open-world and/or narrative games.
- Advantage: Strong interest or skills for narrative and realization.
- Be at ease in a team driven by constant improvements.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and mandates.
- Strong leadership, mentorship, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong understanding of development processes, workflows, and tools.
- Empathy and flexibility to create a family spirit within the Mission Design team.
Motivation and interests:
Being passionate about videogames is essential!