Title: Intern Programmer
Reports to Lead Programmer
Eidos-Sherbrooke is an expert studio dedicated to driving the technological innovation of Eidos-Montréal, member of the Square Enix group.
Through research and development, Eidos-Sherbrooke endeavours to explore, test and apply various technologies to support the creation of experiences, universes, and emotions for players.
- Develop software in C++ by applying the principles of object oriented coding;
- Master the debugging tools and the techniques used;
- Analyze the need for improvement to existing code, and implement the necessary corrective measures to improve it;
- Participate in the implementation of game mechanics;
- Be a positive contributor for the achievement of the project and the team objectives.
Experience and required qualifications:
- BA Computer or Software Engineering student, video game concentration, an asset;
- Bilingualism: French and English, spoken and written;
- Participation to GameJams or development on personal projects definitely a plus.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge C++
- Knowledge of C# is an asset
- Experience with Unreal Engine an asset
- Mindful of hardware constraints, constant willingness for code optimization
- Self-driven and resourceful
- Positive attitude and curious
- Team player and a good communicator
- Wanting to push the technical and creative boundaries of video games
- Mature enough to give and take constructive criticism
Motivations & interest
- Passion and ambition for video games is a must: CVs with academic or personal video game projects are preferred.