Lead Gameplay Programmer
Programming | Montréal, Québec, Canada
PERMANENT - FULL-TIME
LEAD GAMEPLAY PROGRAMMER
REPORTS TO: PROGRAMMING DIRECTOR
- Develop software in C++ by applying object-oriented development principles;
- Participate in the architecture, the design and the implementation of the “3C” gameplay code following the game design intentions;
- Collaborate with the other team leads to determine the technological priorities of the project according to the defined constraints and timings;
- Analyze and estimate the time, as well as the impact of the proposed functions;
- Supervise, coach and evaluate the performances of the Gameplay Programming team;
- Distribute the tasks to the Gameplay Programming team, based on the strengths and skills of each member;
- Participate in the hiring process for the Gameplay Programming team;
- Contribute positively to the achievements of the project and the team objectives.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- University degree in Programming, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related field;
- 10+ years of experience in the industry as a Programmer including at least 3 years in Gameplay;
- Have participated to AAA productions;
- Excellent mastering in programming in C++;
- Solid knowledge in gameplay systems (inventories, looting, crafting, skills tree, quests, etc.);
- Solid object-oriented design skills;
- Experience with developing tools and asset pipelines;
- Experience with profiling and optimizations, an asset;
- Experience with the UE4 engine development, an asset;
- Bilingualism French-English.
- Team player;
- Open-minded, autonomous and resourceful;
- Rigorous, adaptable and solution oriented;
- Empathetic, excellent relationship and soft skills;
- Maturity to receive and give constructive criticism;
- Desirous to push back the barriers of video game technology;
- Ability in coaching and sharing skills.
MOTIVATION & INTERESTS:
- Passion for video games is essential!