Cybersecurity Analyst Intern
4 MONTHS INTERNSHIP - WINTER 2022 SESSION (JANUARY TO APRIL) - FULL-TIME
SECURITY ANALYST INTERN
REPORTS TO: SECURITY OPERATIONS CENTRE TEAM LEAD
- Assisting in-depth investigation and analysis of security alerts to identify and promptly respond to security incidents;
- Maintaining and optimising Security Operations Centre tools and automation platforms to continuously improve our detection and response capability;
- Consulting with key stakeholders during investigations to gather further information and coordinate response actions;
- Supporting improvements to our security operations processes, playbooks and capabilities;
- Collaborating with our Information Security team to identify and plan improvements post incident;
- Conducting analysis of artefacts to support incident investigation;
- Influencing the strategic direction of our Cybersecurity team by presenting insight into the security events, alerts and incidents we handle;
- Consuming relevant threat intelligence to drive proactive action within the SOC and wider IT environment;
- Developing an understanding of IT/online environments and key company assets to enhance decision making and response to incidents.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree student in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering or any related field;
- Solid knowledge of C++, C# and/or Java, Python;
- Diversified experience in Programming (development of school and/or personal projects) a strong asset;
- Basic knowledge of Operating Systems including Windows, MacOs and Linux;
- Knowledge of networking concepts such as the OSI model, TCP/IP, Web Services;
- Knowledge of common cybersecurity threats and attack techniques;
- Bilingualism French-English.
- Curiosity and desire to push the boundaries of Video game;
- Rigor, attention to detail;
- Service-oriented, proactive, ability to evolve in a constantly changing environment;
- Positive attitude and good communication skills;
- Collaboration and open to receive and share constructive criticism.
MOTIVATIONS & INTERESTS:
- Passion and ambition for Video game are essential!
- A keen interest in Cybersecurity and New Technology in general.