R&D Technical Artist
Eidos Sherbrooke | Montréal, Québec, Canada
PERMANENT – FULL TIME
LOCATION: EIDOS SHERBROOKE
REPORTS TO: PROGRAMMING DIRECTOR
- Develop new innovative techniques to solve the technical challenges of the project;
- Accurately document the processes and procedures;
- Provide technical direction and instructions to artists or animators.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- College or university diploma in 2D and 3D Art and / or all equivalent training;
- 3 years and more of experience as a real-time 3D Artist (level artist, modeler, texturer); or experience as a Programmer (strong interest and knowledge of the artistic field);
- At least 1 AAA published title, preferably new generation.
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of Maya;
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of Houdini;
- Knowledge of Photoshop;
- Proficiency in profiling (PIX, real-time 3D constraints, hardware);
- Knowledge / experience of node-base shader systems;
- Knowledge of HLSL (asset);
- Knowledge of scripting / programming languages an asset (C #, C ++, Python, .Net, Mel, etc.).
- Ability to manage time independently;
- Be a good team player;
- Be a good communicator;
- A desire to push the barriers of video game technology is required;
- Maturity to give and receive constructive criticism is expected;
- Focus on achieving superior results;
- Have an analytical and synthetical mind.
MOTIVATION AND INTERESTS:
- Ambition and passion for video games are essential!
- Willingness to think outside the box and promote innovation.