Art | Montréal, Québec, Canada
PERMANENT - FULL TIME
REPORTS TO: ASSOCIATE PRODUCER
- Plan, as a team, the plans that will form the cinematographic sequences of the game;
- Visualize the story and transpose it in the form of a storyboard;
- Find interesting and innovative ideas that will capture the essence and emotion of the scene;
- Inspire the visual development of the game;
- Review and edit the designs at the Creative Director’s request;
- Use and implement computer programs to improve the visual presentation of ideas;
- Work closely with the creative director.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Diploma in plastic arts or 2D or equivalent;
- 3 to 5 years of industry experience in a Storyboard Artist position;
- Minimum of 1 published title as a Storyboard Artist.
- Familiarity or experience with 3D programs and 2D editing applications (Photoshop);
- Must have a very good knowledge of cinematographic language, especially on how to convey emotions and story through framing and sequences;
- A versatile and exceptional 2D art application;
- Good communication skills and an easiness to illustrate own ideas are essential;
- Capacity for multi-tasking;
- Speedy execution;
- Must have the ability to give and receive directions;
- Be an excellent illustrator;
- Must have a knowledge of English and French.
- Must be comfortable in a team oriented towards continuous improvement;
- Capacity to learn and share knowledge;
- The maturity to give and receive constructive criticism and to self-criticize is expected;
- A desire to push the barriers of Cinematography in video games is required.
MOTIVATION & INTERESTS:
Passion and ambition for animated movies are essential!