Senior gameplay programmer (R&D)
Eidos Sherbrooke | Montréal, Québec, Canada
PERMANENT – FULL TIME
REPORTS TO: PROGRAMMING DIRECTOR
- Develop software in C ++ by applying object-oriented development principles;
- Work with other departments to perform technical design and implement gameplay systems in an R&D context;
- Propose and develop new methods and techniques to improve gaming systems in order to outperform the competition;
- Work in collaboration with other programmers to determine what are the technological priorities and opportunities of the project;
- Debug and optimize your code at both low and high level in order to guarantee performance and technical quality;
- Write clean, quality, efficient and document code;
- Work effectively with other members of the programming team, as well as with members of the development team;
- Plan work effectively, and provide realistic updates on progress;
- Contribute positively to the achievement of project and team objectives;
- Analyze and estimate the time, as well as the impact of the proposed functions.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- University degree in programming, computer engineering, software engineering or equivalent;
- +6 years of experience in the industry as a Programmer including at least 3 years in Gameplay;
- Have participated in an AAA production from start to finish
- Strong knowledge of game systems, artificial intelligence and gameplay code in general;
- Strong object-oriented design skills;
- Excellent command of C ++;
- Experience in the development of tools and asset pipelines;
- Experience in the development of distributed systems, an asset;
- Experience in profiling and optimizations, an asset;
- Experience with the UE4 machine, an asset.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate efficiently;
- Ability to manage their time independently;
- Maturity to give and receive constructive criticism is expected;
- A desire to push back the barriers of video game technology is required;
- Effective coaching and knowledge transfer skills;
- Be a good communicator.
MOTIVATION & INTEREST:
Passion and ambition for video games are essential!