Lead AI Programmer
LEAD AI PROGRAMMER
REPORTS TO: PROGRAMMING DIRECTOR
PERMANENT – FULL-TIME
Join us in taking this "hands on" rôle to create an innovative AAA action adventure game that has just passed all the steps to move into production.
Your technical expertise in AI, your leadership and your passion will be your assets to lead a passionate team of 4 AI programmers while also programming and taking key decisions in our AI game code using Unreal Engine 5.1.
The 3C gameplay team (12 progs), the gameplay systems team (6 progs) as well as the software architect and the technical director will be your allies in developing the tech for a memorable and unique game.
What you will do
- Develop software in C++ by applying the principles of object-oriented coding;
- Design and develop optimal code to implement the AI of the game;
- Lead and manage the AI programmers in your team;
- Analyze and estimate development times, costs, and needs as the impacts of the proposed functions;
- Work with the Game design and Animation teams to establish the technical design and to implement an AI system that makes the non-user players alive and that offers a varied and fun playability;
- Work in collaboration with the other Leads to determine which are the technological priorities of the project according to the existing delays and constraints.
What you bring
- Excellent C++ knowledge;
- University diploma in programming, computer engineering, software engineering or the equivalent;
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in AAA video game AI development;
- A good understanding of modern AI techniques as used in AAA games and excellent understanding of AI architecture and standard technology;
- Experience with profiling and optimization;
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, animators, artists, testers, and other developers.
Even better if you have
- Experience in project management and planning or in team management, an asset;
- Unreal Engine 4 or 5 knowledge an asset.
Why join us?
- Flexible work schedule: because unexpected events are part of life when you are sick or need personal days;
- Hybrid work: because we have adapted to the new reality;
- Access to Groupe insurance: To take care of yourself and your loved ones;
- Access to Groupe RRSPs: we think about your future;
- Access to a telemedicine service for the family: to avoid a pleasant 24hours in the emergency room;
- Bonus system: we recognize the work accomplished.
Come and create emotion with us!