Animateur.trice sénior | Senior Animator
Animation | Montréal, Québec, Canada
Reports to: Lead Animator
Permanent – Full-Time
What you will do
- Bring to life unique, appealing and most of all believable characters in both in-game and scripted scenarios;
- Respect a delivery schedule of high quality of level animation assets set by the rest of the team;
- Clearly communicate progress and issues to the Lead Animator, and be willing to understand and act upon direction;
- Create aspects of 3D animation which answer the requirements established by the Artistic direction while showing initiative and creativity;
- Work with the designers and integrators to implement 3C related features / and or Cinematics.
What you bring
- Diploma in 3D Art, or equivalent training;
- +5 years and more of experience in the field of the animation;
- At least 2 shipped AAA titles in the past;
- Be autonomous;
- Familiar with producing in-game animations and in-game systems;
- Experience with animation and camera integration;
- Cinematic background with hands on knowledge of camera, composition, & cinematic sequences.
- Knowledge of Maya and Motionbuilder;
- Expert with quick keyframe iteration and motion capture editing;
- Insight into animation pipelines and motion-capture experience is important;
- Knowledge of 3Ds Max and engine like Unreal or Unity3D;
- Technical experience with engines (blendspaces, root motion, debugging…).
Even better if you have
- An understanding of the human body and facial anatomy;
- Rigging/skinning and basic character modeling knowledge.
- A strong work ethic, initiative and above all else humility is required;
- Must thrive in a team environment with a drive for self-improvement, to learn and also to share knowledge;
- The maturity to give, (and receive), constructive criticism is expected;
- A desire to push the boundaries of videogame animation standards is a must.
Why join us?
- 4 days weeks schedule: because your personal life is important;
- Flexible work schedule: because unexpected events are part of life when you are sick or need personal days;
- Hybrid work: because we have adapted to the new reality;
- Access to Groupe insurance: To take care of yourself and your loved ones;
- Access to Groupe RRSPs: we think about your future;
- Access to a telemedicine service for the family: to avoid a pleasant 24hours in the emergency room ;
- Bonus system: we recognize the work accomplished
Come and create emotion with us!