Lead Core Programmer
LEAD CORE PROGRAMMER
Reports to: Programming Director
PERMANENT – FULL TIME
What you will do
• Mentoring, managing and leading the engine programming team;
• Analyzing the requirements of the game teams and defining the required functionalities and engine systems that must be developed to support them;
• Conducting regular code reviews and managing the coding team to excellence;
• Working with the production team to plan development and provide tasks assignment to programmers’ team schedule;
• Participate in the recruitment process.
What you bring
• University degree in programming, software engineering, computer engineering or equivalent experience;
• Minimum 8 years of software engineering experience, at least 5 years in the game industry;
• Must have excellent knowledge of C++ and strong development and debugging skills;
• Strong knowledge of game engine design;
• Knowledge of game engine technologies such as graphics, physics, audio, tools, etc;
• Multi-threaded architecture;
• A desire to push the barriers of technology in video games is required.
Even better if you have
• Excellent man-management skills;
• Ability to be a team player;
• The maturity to give and receive constructive criticism is expected;
• Be a good Communicator;
• Knowledge of additional programming languages is an important asset (C#, Python, etc).
Why join us?
• Flexible work schedule: because unexpected events are part of life when you are sick or need personal days;
• Hybrid work: because we have adapted to the new reality;
• Access to Groupe insurance: To take care of yourself and your loved ones;
• Access to Groupe RRSPs: we think about your future;
• Access to a telemedicine service for the family: to avoid a pleasant 24hours in the emergency room;
• Bonus system: we recognize the work accomplished.