Principal AI Programmer
Programming | Montréal, Québec, Canada
PRINCIPAL AI PROGRAMMER
Reports to: LEAD AI PROGRAMMER
Permanent – Full-Time
What you will do
- Develop software in C++ by applying the principles of object-oriented coding;
- Work with the Game Design and Animation teams to create the technical design and implement a system of AI allowing both to make non-player characters alive and offer a fun and varied gameplay;
- Propose and develop new methods and techniques to improve the quality of AI in agreement with the design of the game to outdo the competition;
- Analyze and estimate time, cost as well as the impact of the proposed functions;
- Ensure that the ambitions remain consistent with the deadline;
- Master the debugging tools and the techniques used;
- Innovate by offering new AI systems in collaboration with the Programming and Game Design teams;
- Work effectively with other member of the Programming team, as well as with members of the development team;
- Act as a mentor to less experienced team members;
- Demonstrates ability to solve complex problems using optimal solutions;
- Develop and implement systems, meeting deadlines set by superiors;
- Be a positive contributor for the achievement of the project and the team objectives.
What you bring
- University diploma in programming, computer engineering, software engineering or the equivalent;
- Minimum of 7 years in the industry as a AI programmer;
- Minimum of one game published;
- Excellent knowledge of C++;
- Experience developing multi platforms, an asset.
- Ability to manage your time independently;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- The desire to push the barriers of technology in video game industry is required;
- The maturity to give and receive constructive criticism is expected;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Why join us?
- Flexible work schedule: because unexpected events are part of life when you are sick or need personal days;
- Hybrid work: because we have adapted to the new reality;
- Access to Groupe insurance: To take care of yourself and your loved ones;
- Access to Groupe RRSPs: we think about your future;
- Access to a telemedicine service for the family: to avoid a pleasant 24hours in the emergency room;
- Bonus system: we recognize the work accomplished.
Come and create emotion with us!