As we inch ever closer to launch, we wanted to give you an overview of the in-game settings you’ll be able to find in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy! From controls to audio, languages, difficulty and accessibility, these are the options that will allow you to tailor the experience to your needs.
- Guardians Mode Input Type – Hold/Press
- Star-Lord’s Abilities Input Type – Hold/Press
- Vibration – On/Off
- Invert X/Y Axis (Default + Spaceship) – On/Off
- Invert Stick (Spaceship) On/Off
- X/Y Axis Sensitivity – Sliders
Mouse and Keyboard
- Key Bindings
- Double Press Directional Keys to Dash – On/Off
- Invert Mouse X/Y (Default + Spaceship) – On/Off
- Mouse X/Y Sensitivity – Slider
- Volume Adjustments (Master, Sound Effects, Voice, Music) – Sliders
- Licensed Audio – On/Off. This option removes all copyrighted musical contents and replaces it with alternatives in some instances.
- Customizable Speaker Configuration – allows players to select the best-suited profile of audio configuration for their needs.
- Mono Speaker Configuration – allows players to have all audio directed towards a single channel.
- Loud Volume – Slider. Adjust the highest playback level of the loudest sounds to help minimize sudden peaks in soundscape.
- EQ Presets – This feature aims to support players that desire to adjust specific frequencies. For example, players that suffer from tinnitus or that are sensitive to specific sounds can lower the presence of these problematic frequencies by selecting a fitting profile.
- Focus Mix – On/Off. Allows players to experience the game with a stronger emphasis placed on the narrative and gameplay related elements of the soundscape.
- Subtitles – On/Off
- Overheard Subtitles – On/Off
- Closed Captions – On/Off
- Show Character Name – On/Off
- Subtitle Size – Very Small to Very Large
- Letter Spacing – Slider
- Force Bold Text – On/Off
- Enable Background – On/Off
- Invert Background Color – On/Off
- Background Opacity – Slider
On top of the usual presets, we’ve made it possible for players to independently adjust many sub-options for difficulty.
Easy – You got this
Intended – You got this, probably
Hard – You don’t got this
Custom – I do it my way
Sub-categories of difficulty settings
- Guardians Mode Slowdown – Slider. This value represents how much time is slowed down when you are in Guardians mode. The higher the value, the greater the slow down. 1 represents a complete pause, while 0 is no slow down at all.
- Damage Dealt – Very Low to Very High. The higher this setting, the more damage Star-Lord deals to enemies.
- Guardians Cooldown Duration – Slider. This multiplier affects the cooldown on each Guardian’s abilities. Increasing this value will give more weight to your decisions and demand more planning on your part.
- Huddle Auto-Win – On/Off. If this setting is turned on, you will not be presented with a choice wheel during the Huddle sequences, and the correct answer will be automatically selected.
- Cost of Elemental Shots – Slider. This multiplier affects how much Elemental Ammo an Elemental Shot costs. Increasing this value will make your Elemental Shots more valuable and require more planning on your part.
- Damage Received – Very Low to Very High. The higher this setting, the more damage Star-Lord and the Guardians receive from enemies.
- Shield Regeneration – Very Low to Very High. This setting determines how long after taking damage Star-Lord’s shield will begin to regenerate, as well as the rate of regeneration, and the extent of damage taken, while the shield is depleted.
- Death Event Timer – Easy to Hardcore. The amount of time an ally is in danger before they become overwhelmed.
- Vulnerability Timer – Slider. The length of time that an enemy retains the vulnerabilities applied by abilities.
- Death Gate – Very Easy to Very Hard. The number of times a player needs to be hit before dying after reaching 0 HP, as well as the length of time a player is in danger before they recover.
- Objects Outline – On/Off. If this setting is turned Off, the white outline around objects interactable by the Guardians is turned off. More observation will be required, and a regular use of your visor to identify opportunities for interactions.
- Compass System – On/Off. If this setting is turned off, the Compass system normally shown in the visor will be disabled. Less indications on your next destination will require more exploration.
- Hints System – Instant to None. The Hints system delivers hints when it detects you have been stuck on a step for too long. The lower the setting, the more rapidly hints will be delivered. The system can also be turned off entirely.
Target Lock Options
- Disable Target Lock Break – On/Off
- Target Lock Break Delay – Slider
- Aiming Lock Break Stick Deadzone – Slider
- Enable Lock Target Switching – On/Off
- Elemental Lock Situation – Always to Never
- Initial Target Lock Range – Slider
- Automatic Target Lock range – On/Off
- Auto Lock on Next Target – On/Off
Target Switching Options
- Target Switching Initial Delay – Slider
- Target Switching Repeat Delay – Slider
- Target Switching Stick Deadzone – Slider
- Auto-Win Quick Time Events – On/Off
- Objective Log Display Timer – Slider
- Exploration Dot – On/Off
- Exploration Dot Transparency – Slider
We’re working on a few more features that we are looking to add post-launch. Stay tuned for details, and as always, we welcome your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general inquiries and customer support, please refer to the Square Enix Support Center.
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy is coming October 26, 2021 to PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PC. Pre-order now to obtain an early unlock of the Throwback Guardians Outfit Pack.
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: Cloud Version for Nintendo Switch also coming October 26.