Social Level Designer
Design | Montréal, Québec, Canada
PERMANENT - FULL-TIME
SOCIAL LEVEL DESIGNER
REPORTS TO: LEVEL DESIGN DIRECTOR
- Responsible for a Social Zone (cityHub, village, shops, outposts);
- Create a game space based on different interactions with Npcs;
- Define and integrate the occupations, stagging and personality of the different groups of Npcs;
- Scripting special events and specific activities;
- Design and script Side Quests;
- Design, with the help of other trades, the ingredients necessary to achieve the vision of the game in these spaces;
- Work in collaboration with the Game Director, artists and animators to achieve the desired emotions and player experiences for each area;
- Accompany younger level designers (mentoring concept).
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- University or college diploma in game design, or equivalent training;
- + 3 years of experience in the video game industry as a Level Designer;
- Minimum of 1 published title as a Level Designer;
- Good knowledge in systemic design;
- Good knowledge in scripting and AI (asset);
- Good knowledge of open world design;
- Experience using industry standard level editing tools, editors and pipelines;
- Knowledge of photoshop and Unreal engine;
- Bilingual (French and English).
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to exemplify one’s own ideas are essential;
- Ability to multitask;
- Excellent capability to give and receive advice;
- Skills in leadership, proactivity and continuous commitment to work with different departments (design, animation and programming);
- Ability to work in a team focused on continuous improvement;
- Ability to learn and share personal knowledge;
- Give and receive constructive criticism is expected.
MOTIVATION & INTERESTS:
- Ambition and passion for video games are essential!