Senior Game Designer (Enemies: AI & Encounter)
SENIOR GAME DESIGNER (ENEMIES: AI & ENCOUNTER/COMBAT)
REPORTS TO: LEAD GAME DESIGNER
We are currently building a new Game Design team for a new project and are looking for passionate people who would like to have a real impact on it.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Participate in the design of Combat Encounters in close collaboration with the Level Design and Programming teams for a combat rich game;
- Participate in the design and implementation of Enemy Design & AI behaviors to support combat;
- Once implemented, validate that Enemy Design/AI and Combat Encounters meet the required level of quality on gameplay, balancing and difficulty progression;
- Closely work and collaborate with all departments (Art, Animation, Programming, Audio...) to implement, review and adjust your designs within the game engine.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Experience in Game Design in the Video Game industry;
- Solid design methodology based on rational analysis;
- Good knowledge of industry standards in the field of Enemy Behaviours/AI and Combat Encounter design;
- Experience with rapid iteration/prototyping approach;
- Excellent communication skills to illustrate ideas;
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
EVEN BETTER IF YOU HAVE:
- A hands-on knowledge of technical challenges and approaches related to Enemy AI behaviors and Encounter implementation.
- Good analysis & reverse engineering capacity;
- Desire to have ownership and structure efficiently the subjects you work on;
- Good versatility to tackle a variety of tasks and collaborate with various teams at the same time;
- Good understanding of accessibility in game design.
GOOD TO KNOW:
- Permanent, full-time position;
- Choice of work location (office, home or hybrid);
- 4-days work week (32h/week);
- Group insurance, telemedicine service;
- RRSP and bonus system.