Lead Character Artist
Art | Montréal, Québec, Canada
PERMANENT - FULL-TIME
LEAD CHARACTER ARTIST
REPORTS TO: ASSOCIATE ART DIRECTOR
- Model characters according to the game design;
- Consult, create and work on graphic references corresponding to the art direction, in order to model the characters;
- Work in collaboration with the animators, programmers and game designers to optimize the characters;
- Texturize characters to add credibility according to the art direction and game
- Ensure the supervision of members of the Character Modeling team.
- Plan and divide the tasks of the employees under his supervision or make sure that the Group Lead gives him a report of his team’s tasks;
- Elaborate the timeline under the time, technical and artistic constraints;
- Ensure, in association with the Art Technical Director, to provide the necessary tools or to develop them for his team;
- Interact with the Art Director in order to understand the direction well and to
effectively share it with his team;
- Innovate and solve artistic problems to improve work processes;
- Seek a visual and technical innovating point of view, in the way of working with the creative processes;
- Document the processes and procedures in a precise manner;
- Push back and redefine the limits of the systems and of the art for the projects;
- Interact and communicate in an effective way with the administrators of the project.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Diploma in character modeling or equivalent training/experience;
- 5+ year of industry experience as a Character Artist; 1 year as a Lead;
- At least 2 shipped titles, ideally a AAA on current gen consoles (Xbox1, PS4 or PC)
- Experience in character modeling with 3D programs and 2D art applications;
- Excellent knowledge of the human anatomy, physiological reactions, body language and proportions in character conception;
- Knowledge of animation principles;
- Experience in hard surface modeling an asset.
- Good sense of responsibilities;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Be focused on achieving superior results;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Ability to think analytically and synthetically
- Ability to adapt own art to our style and unique vision.
MOTIVATION & INTERESTS:
- Passion and amibition for videogames are essential!