Senior Gameplay Programmer
Programming | Montréal, Québec, Canada
PERMANENT – FULL TIME
SENIOR GAMEPLAY PROGRAMMER
REPORTS TO: LEAD PROGRAMMER
- Develop software in C++ by applying object-oriented development principles;
- Participate in the architecture, design and implementation of the “3C” gameplay code following the game design intentions;
- Work with programming teams and other departments to perform technical design and implement gameplay systems;
- Prototype new game mechanics;
- Write, optimize, debug and document the code to guarantee performance and technical quality;
- Analyze and estimate the time, as well as the impact of the proposed functions;
- Plan work and provide realistic updates on progress;
- Contribute positively to the achievements of the project and team objectives.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- University degree in Programming, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related field;
- 7+ years of experience in the industry as a Programmer including at least 3 years in Gameplay;
- Have participated to AAA productions;
- Excellent mastering in programming in C++;
- Solid knowledge in gameplay systems (inventories, looting, crafting, skills tree, quests, etc.);
- Solid object-oriented design skills;
- Experience developing tools and asset pipelines;
- Experience with profiling and optimizations, an asset;
- Experience with the UE4 engine development, an asset;
- Bilingualism french-english.
- Team player;
- Open-minded, autonomous and resourceful;
- Rigorous, adaptable and solution oriented;
- Empathetic, excellent relationship and soft skills;
- Maturity to receive and give constructive criticism;
- Desirous to push back the barriers of video game technology;
- Ability in coaching and sharing skills.
MOTIVATION & INTERESTS:
- Passion for video games is essential!