Animation | Montréal, Québec, Canada
PERMANENT - FULL-TIME
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR TECHNICAL ANIMATION
- Create rigs for various characters and creatures;
- Export characters to the engine;
- Establish character parameters and simulation in the engine;
- Suggest new solutions to improve physics systems;
- Understand the engine’s technical constraints;
- Understand the development team’s technical constraints;
- Develop new tools to facilitate and optimize rigging.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ year of game industry experience as a Character Rigger/Skinner;
- Must have participated in at least one full videogame production, preferably a AAA on current consoles;
- Diploma in 3D Animation or equivalent;
- Knowledge of Maya is mandatory;
- Scripting Knowledge is an asset (Python, MEL);
- Thorough understanding of animation principles;
- Good understanding of Human Anatomy and facial expression is an asset;
- Game engine experience recommended.
- Ability to learn from others and share knowledge;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- The maturity to give and receive constructive feedback is expected;
- Ability to adapt and embrace change is mandatory;
- The desire to push the boundaries of animation in video games is required.
MOTIVATION & INTERESTS:
- Passion and ambition for videogames are essential!