Senior Animation Programmer
Programming | Montréal, Québec, Canada
SENIOR ANIMATION PROGRAMMER
REPORTS TO: PROGRAMMING DIRECTOR
PERMANENT – FULL TIME
What you will do
- Develop C ++ software by applying object-oriented development principles;
- Collaborate closely with the animation team to develop breakthrough animation technologies.
- Program the elements related to the game animation;
- Work in collaboration with animators and tool programmers in order to improve the production processes;
- Optimizing the tools used for animation;
- Establish the technical possibilities of the different functionalities requested by the animation team;
- Ensure newly developed systems are working well and meeting established needs;
- Analyze and estimate the times, costs and needs as well as the impact of the proposed functions;
- Ensure that the ambitions remain in line with the deadlines;
- Master the techniques and tools of debugging;
- Innovate by proposing new animation systems in collaboration with the animation technical team;
- Train and guide more junior programmers;
- Plan effectively, and provide honest updates on progress;
- Design and then implement the different systems for which he is responsible in accordance with the deadlines set by his superior;
- Contribute positively to the achievement of the objectives of the project and the team.
What you bring
- University degree in programming, software engineering, computer engineering or equivalent training;
- Senior Animation Programmer: 6+ years experience in the industry as an Animation Programmer or 8+ years as a Gameplay or IA programmer who has an interest in animation;
- A minimum of 1 published title– at least 1 as an Animation Programmer in the gaming industry;
- Excellent knowledge of C++;
- Knowledge of animation principles.
Even better if you have
- Experience in Multi-platform development, an asset;
- Experience with plugins/scripting, 3dsmax/Maya is an asset;
- Knowledge of C# programming language is an asset.
Why join us?
- Flexible work schedule: because unexpected events are part of life when you are sick or need personal days;
- Hybrid work: because we have adapted to the new reality;
- Access to Groupe insurance: To take care of yourself and your loved ones;
- Access to Groupe RRSPs: we think about your future;
- Access to a telemedicine service for the family: to avoid a pleasant 24hours in the emergency room;
- Bonus system: we recognize the work accomplished.
Come and create emotion with us!